Beyond choosing a nice or striking ring, there are a few things you should consider before buying it. It is important to know what type of ring you are going to buy. For this, you should consider these five basic questions.
There are many variables to consider when choosing engagement rings. It is not about choosing the biggest diamond engagement rings or the one that looks prettier. Therefore, it is important to have the advice of a professional. We recommend that you visit a prestigious jewelry store and, preferably, with a lot of time in the market and that has certified gemologists, because this way you will avoid being cheated.
Other factors to consider when choosing an diamond engagement ring as valuable as this one, are the technical definitions. It is important to know what type of ring you are going to buy. For this, you should consider these five basic questions:
- Which stone to choose?
The diamond is the hardest element of nature. It cannot be affected by the passage of time or the environment. It is eternal and therefore, it is considered ideal as a symbol of love. There are four aspects that define the diamond. They are called the 4 C’s, by the first letter of each of the words. Before choosing a diamond, ask the following questions:
- Carat: How many carats is the diamond? It refers to the weight of the diamond. Remember that the more carats, the more valuable it will be.
- Color: On what scale of color is the diamond? The absence of color in diamonds is not usual. A colorless diamond is rare and therefore of greater value.
- Clarity: The absence of inclusions in a diamond gives it greater clarity and brightness and also greater value. The “perfect” or free of inclusions or spots are extremely rare.
- Cut: The cut determines the brightness of the diamond. The diamonds are carved in various ways, but the best known is the round or “bright” which is given that name because it is a perfect prism and its cut refracts light more efficiently.
- How do I choose a good design?
There is no better design, there is a design for each woman. In the market you can find multiple alternatives that will lead you to ask if it will have several diamonds or a main one. Will the band be straight or will it have some creative form? Classic style, vintage, twenties? The perfect design will depend on the tastes and personality of your girlfriend.
- What material to choose for the ring?
The most commonly used (and recommended) materials are yellow gold, white gold and rose gold. Rose gold engagement rings are the classic choice.
- What is the average range that should be spent?
This question has only one simple answer: as much as you want and can. The jewelries recognized today have a wide variety of which one can choose. Once you determine a budget, tell the seller so he can advise you and show you the different options.